A good posture of the body means a person has to train his body to work, stand, lie or sit in positions where the supporting ligaments and muscles do not get the maximum strain. A correct posture is a position in which a person holds his body upright against the gravity when he is standing, lying or sitting. The least amount of pressure should be placed on the ligaments and muscles that are supporting the movement during all the weight-bearing activities. It is important to maintain a proper posture in order to stay healthy. To know more about the proper sitting postures, please visit the website of My Back Relief Clinic.
Benefits of Proper Posture
There are various health benefits of maintaining a proper body posture. Listed below are the benefits of posture.
- A proper posture helps to keep the bones and the joints in proper position so that the muscles are used properly.
- Posture helps in lessening the abnormal wearing off of the joint surfaces which may result in the chronic disease, arthritis.
- It helps in decreasing the stress of muscles and the ligaments that clench the spine joints together.
- A proper body posture helps in preventing the spine from getting fixed in the abnormal positions.
- It helps in preventing fatigue as the muscles are used by the body more efficiently. This, in turn, allows consuming less energy.
- It helps to prevent any kind of strain to the body.
- It helps in preventing the muscular pains or the backaches.
- One of the most important benefits of a proper posture is that it helps in contributing to a better and healthy or appearance.
Proper Sitting Postures
Given below are the ways in which a person can maintain a proper sitting posture.
- One should sit with the back straight with the shoulders back. The buttocks must touch the back of the chair.
- The three normal curves should be prominent when a person is sitting down. Rolled up towels or the lumber rolls can help in maintaining the bends in the back.
- A person should sit at the end of the chair or bench and maintain a slouched position. He should draw himself up and emphasize the back and hold it for ten seconds. Then the person has to release himself from this position. This is considered to be a good and healthy sitting posture.
- The body weight has to be distributed equally on both the hips.
When a person maintains a good posture, he will be relieved from the muscle ache and other joint problems.